Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Coming To America
Monday, September 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
The New York tech community's political agenda often focuses on net neutrality but immigration reform is just as important. Although 25 percent of successful tech startups over the last decade have been founded or co-founded by immigrants, existing immigration policies make it difficult for foreign-born entrepreneurs to establish their businesses in the US. Come learn about the challenges of immigration policy today and the pending policies of tomorrow, including The Startup Act 2.0. Our stellar speakers include:
- Congressman Michael Grimm, who introduced the Startup Act into the House in May
- Robert Greifeld, CEO of Nasdaq OMX
- Liz Elkiss of the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service
- Kate Hipwell, Regional Director of the Americas, UK Border Agency
- Dario Mutabdzija, Co-Founder & President, Blueseed
- Brendan Ryan, MD of Global Operations, Fragomen Global
- Richard Remillard, Executive Director, Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (CVCA)
- John Frankel, Partner, ff Venture Capital
- 5:30pm: CLE Event (see below)
- 6:30pm: Arrival & Registration
- 7:00pm: Fireside chat with Congressional sponsors of The Startup Act 2.0
- 7:30pm: “Coming To America” Panel Discussion
- 8:30pm: Cocktail Reception
When & Where
VentureOutNY is focused on helping to enable international startups to launch and succeed in New York City. Based on the philosophy that talent is evenly distributed but opportunity is not, VentureOutNY’s mission is to bridge that gap between the entrepreneurial talent abroad to the vast opportunities in burgeoning technology community in New York. Through regionally focused events, VentureOutNY introduces the world’s most talented international entrepreneurs to the startup ecosystem in NYC, fast tracking their growth by helping establish relationships with the most relevant investors, entrepreneurs and partners in New York City. VentureOutNY was founded by Brian Frumberg in 2011.